The 2015 document by InView on “Achieving A Successful Digital Switch Over In Nigeria” – presented by Broadcast Media Africa (BMA) – outlines the strategy and execution of digital switchover (DSO) in Nigeria. It emphasises the consumer proposition for DSO, ensuring a broad and compelling range of free-to-air channels supplemented by quality pay-TV content.
The document discusses the ‘Lego Box’ concept, a low-cost, versatile set-top box designed to make digital TV accessible to a wide audience. This initiative aimed to transform the Nigerian TV landscape, boosting local content production, particularly in Nollywood, and fostering a thriving digital economy. The success of the DSO was crucial for achieving broader goals such as improved audience measurement, increased advertising revenues, and a more vibrant TV industry in Nigeria.
Some key points from the resource include:
● Focuses on the strategy for digital switchover (DSO) in Nigeria.
● Highlights the consumer proposition for DSO, with a mix of free-to-air and quality pay-TV content.
● Introduces the ‘Lego Box’ concept, a versatile and affordable set-top box for broad accessibility.
● Aims to transform the Nigerian TV landscape and boost local content production.
● Emphasises the potential growth of Nollywood through this digital transition.