This document on “Understanding the Dynamics of Content Publishing in the Digital Ecosystem – The Regulatory Perspective” by the Communications Authority of Kenya, published in 2018 and presented by Broadcast Media
Africa explores the evolving digital content publishing landscape from a regulatory standpoint. It addresses the drivers and benefits of the digital ecosystem, such as increased mobility and content accessibility, and the associated challenges, including content piracy and the need for fair revenue-sharing models.
The document also outlines focus areas for regulators, emphasising network neutrality, content integrity, and intellectual property rights.
Some key points from the resource include:
● The influence of mobility and flexibility on content consumption.
● Greater consumer choice and opportunities for content distribution.
● Issues like piracy, consistency in content representation, and fair revenue sharing
● Network neutrality, content integrity, and local content quotas.
● Importance of IPR in the digital content landscape.
● Emphasis on online child protection and data privacy.
● The impact of decentralisation on regulation and content origin