The 2017 Sentech document – presented by Broadcast Media Africa – explores various scenarios for cloud-based broadcasting, underscoring the transition from traditional to cloud-based broadcast infrastructure. It highlights the challenges of traditional systems, like slow deployment and high costs, and contrasts them with the advantages of cloud infrastructure, including flexibility, reduced costs, and scalability.
The document elaborates on the value chain of broadcast signal distribution in the cloud, discussing contribution encoding, transcoding, and content delivery networks (CDNs). The importance of making strategic decisions about what components to move to the cloud is emphasized for effective and efficient broadcasting.
Some key points from the resource include:
● Transition to cloud-based broadcasting from traditional systems.
● Challenges with traditional broadcast infrastructure.
● Advantages of cloud infrastructure, including flexibility and cost efficiency.
● Cloud-based broadcast signal distribution processes.
● Strategic decision-making in cloud implementation.
● Emphasis on scalability and agility in cloud systems.
● Importance of efficient contribution encoding and transcoding in the cloud.